วันอังคารที่ 28 กรกฎาคม พ.ศ. 2552

How much is Taxi from Karon Beach Phuket to Patong?

Going to Phuket in early Jan. Might stay at PineapplePhuket in Karon Beach. I'm worried that the taxi will charge me $10 US to get to Patong Beach where all the fun is. Should I stay in Patong Beach instead?


I did the (very short) trip once. The driver asked for 500 and we agreed to 300 baht.

I think there is songtao service between the two beaches which is like 20 or 40 baht. I am not sure as I rented a car there (about 1000 baht per day). Anyway, renting a motorbike or a car might prove to be more cost effective for you. I enjoyed Karon Beach, so, I would not change accommodations just to stay on a more touristy beach.

If you can ride motor bike, you better rent one so that you can run around easily. Taxi in Phuket are private cars, but they accept passengers. Those taxi park at hotels/or resorts to get customers, they charge only a standard rate of 500 bath no matter how short or long the distant is. Metered taxi can get only at the airport. Karon to Patong is not so far, but walking is not recommended. If you like night life, don't care with privacy, you better stay at Pathong.

Have a great time in Phuket.

Get a tuk tuk... Taxis are way to expensive. It should only cost around 400 baht - if not make sure you bargain the price down.. How long you staying there for ?? Patong Beach is good, but depends what your there for - the peace and relaxation or party ???

I haven't got a clue, but seeing lots of your questions before. So, you're in Thailand now. Enjoy.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น