วันศุกร์ที่ 31 กรกฎาคม พ.ศ. 2552

Is it worth getting someone to show me around Phuket Thailand?

I love driving but should I get a driver. I have been told that if you get someone to show you around they will take you to places where they get paid to take you too, I am only there for two weeks and I will have around 40.000baht would this be enough ( I hope it is )


YES YOU NEED A DRIVER. Driving over there is COMPLETELY different than the US. In fact, the first couple of times I was in a taxi over there I thought I was going to die, but you get used to the driving and begin to figure out that the taxi cab drivers are VERY skilled at driving. Not to mention that you drive on the other side of the road. Also traffic rules don't really apply to the Thai people because there isn't much reinforcement for them (cops). Most cops you see over there pull over motorcycles because they have tons of motorcycles over there. I would recommend taking a taxi to Bangkok. 40,000 baht for two weeks is enough.

I assumed that 40,000 baht is pocket money, air ticket and acoomodation are exclusive. If not, spare 2000-2500 baht/room/night for *** hotel.

40,000 baht is quite OK for two weeks, You can rent a car and drive by yourself. Buy a Phuket map and drive along, it's not complicate.

I don't recommend to have or hire someone to show you places. I know you can pay for that, but how can you know she/he is reliable, except you can get a certified guide or somebody you know.

Thai people are nice, but we know other people only by thier faces not their minds. So be very cautious, many Thais are good on hiding a sharp knife behind their sweet smiles.

surely enough if you are not cheated by bad hungry bar girl... driving??? oh, you may enjoy your trip more with taxi or tuk tuk there. you need a ton of paracetamol for driving in Thailand hahaha..... here it is website that you should try to go through. it tells every things about Thailand and also Phuket too.

You can get someone to show you around, but is part of traveling finding your own way around in places ??...I have always thought so....

If the THB 40,000 is just spending money...ie flights/ hotel etc are paid for...this is enough for two weeks, unless of course you are going to "party" a lot....

Dont bother renting a car, there is enough cheap transport around, and driving in Thailand takes some getting used to..

If you rent a car in Phuket make sure your hotel has a parking lot. If you park a long the street you have to move it to the other side every morning at 6:00 am or the police will chain the tires. It's about 1.500 baht fine to get them to unlock the chain. The money will go right into the police officers pocket.

A motorcycle is more easy. They will keep your passport when you rent a car or motorcycle.

Have fun.

phuket is not that big. it is easy to get around either driving or using the public transport. if i were you, i would just drive on my own. you will not get lost.

I would not rent a car as Phuket is so small you can take a Tuk Tuk or motorbike taxi anywhere you will need to go.

Get some hooker to show you around, the been this route many times before.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น