วันศุกร์ที่ 24 กรกฎาคม พ.ศ. 2552

How many days should be spent in Phuket?

I'm thinking of going to Phuket next week but am not sure of the length of my stay. I'm thinking of going there for 4 days. Is that enough (considering that I'm going for a one-day trip to Phi Phi Island)?

Or should I add another day?

And, which hotels offer great accommodations at the best rates?

Thanks a lot.


I will assume you are a single man or are you travelling together? If you want to stay on Patong staying on the beach is more expensive. Kata beach is 15 minutes to the south and less expensive but not in the center of all the action...It depends on what you like. Still there is plenty going on in Karon/Kata it is just not as crazy as Patong.

I'd say 5 days would be more comfortable for sure.

I prefer Koh Samui these days but Phuket always has its charms...

Phuket:

On Kata Beach (it is right across the road from the beach and you can see the ocean fromt he 2nd floor rooms. the pool is very nice and they make a great breakfast. I like this place. This is literally the best deal in Phuket today:

http://www.asiarooms.com/thailand/phuket/kata_villa.html

If you want to be on the beach the hotel just across the street is great too and cheap and I've stayed there too but forgot the name. The owners are Thai and the old man gets raving drunk every night but is a nice social drunk and just smiles and talks. I've stayed there with my wife and her Thai family.

Here are a couple of places up on Patong. they are well run and I think a good deal:

http://www.swiss-taverne.com/

http://bangkoktonight.com/hotels/phuket/baipho.shtml

Tropica Bungalows:

http://www.phuket-hotels.com/tropica-bungalow-hotel/

I stayed at the Tropica on my 1st trip to Thailand and Phuket. they have had to redo the fascade and restaurant since the tsunami but the bungalows and hotel remain largely the same. They way they sit and their stone wall blocks a lot of noise. they are just across from the beach and a fair deal. Close to everything you'll wnat to see and do on Patong.

Good luck

The longer the better. I would recomend going to the Islands on the East coast, but check the weather first, because when the weather is good on the east, its bad on the west and vice, versa. Stay away from the most touristed area's since prices are more expensive, and the people are not as friendly

4 days is enough. Phuket is smaller than Singapore. I think you can travel a lot in 4 days.

Moreover, there are many many hotels there.

http://www.phuket-hotels.com/

go to this link and pick one that you like.

Don't forget that there also have local accommodations which are not listed on website. There might offer different price and atmosphere.

I think that four days is enough, unless you really have a lot of money. I agree that you're better off away from Patong (unless that's the primary purpose of your visit). For my money, I really like Kata Beach. I have been satisfied staying at the Serene, about a block back from the beachfront. I was there the about a week and a half ago, unfortunately no sunshine, just mostly rain during my stay, but that's what I get for going in rainy season. Also, if you go, just be prepared for the "taxi mafia." I'm about sick of those guys.

Spend two days.

Spend the rest of the days island-hopping in Trang.

make it one week...there's a lot to do....

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น