วันพุธที่ 29 กรกฎาคม พ.ศ. 2552

Is it safe to travel to Bali or Phuket when your 5 months pregnant?

I have just discovered i COULD be pregnant. All symptoms point to yes.

I have 2 holdays (one week in phuket and 5 nights in Bali) booked for August (yes both of them).

Bearing in mind the hot & humid weather and the risk of being food poisoned, does anyone know if its safe to travel there at that stage of your pregnancy?

Thanks to anyone who can help.


Its ok to travel upto 28 weeks although you may need a certificate from your doctor to say that your not a high risk or anything. My friend is 21 weeks and about to fly to Spain for a week and she has had no problems at all although she did need the certificate.

my teacher is only 3 months pregnant and we were scheduled to go on a weekend field trip about 6 hours away and we had to cancel it because she told us that her doctor said it isn't really safe because if something happens and you need your doctor you'll be too far from them.

i wouldnt do it

My wife and I have three kids, so I'm kind of an expert. It's always potentially risky to travel any distance from home when you're past your first trimester. Remember, home is where your doctor is, as well as the hospital.

Travelling to a "third-world" country is asking for trouble. Unless you know for sure they have world class medical facilities, I wouldn't recommend it. If you have any complications, it could be disastrous. Good luck.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น