วันเสาร์ที่ 1 สิงหาคม พ.ศ. 2552

What is there to do in Phuket?

I will be travelling to Phuket in June for 7 days, and was wondering what to do there. I would like to go bunjee jumping, elephant trekking, atv-ing as well as go-karting, but I've noticed that all those companies that I can find on the internet are EXPENSIVE! Is there anyone who can recommend a good, and cheap place?

Also, how much should an average meal cost there? Because I've noticed large price differences between different restaurants. I've also noticed that it costs alot more than a meal would cost in Bangkok. Is this normal? Or am I looking up all the wrong places?


I'll recommend you do what I did when I was in Phuket.. The Thais there like to overcharge foreigners.. so don't buy stuff in popular tourist destinations. The seafood is priced reasonably in certain places.. check the menu before enterinng. Go for less classy places, the food is cheap and good.

Go rent a car and make use of the maps provided free at your hotel. Toyota vios or a honda city would cost you about USD 15 a day (minus the fuel). Phuket is a small island, so you can explore the whole island in a day or two in the car. Also, you can visit places most tourist can't.. like when I visited the local Thai night maret.

For tours that takes you were the cars can't go, go look for the local tour agencies.. The smaller ones allow you to bargain.. start with 60% discount.. then go from there. Whether you book from big or small tour agencies, the tour goes to the same places, same boats, and same everything cause' the agencies act like middle man for the tour guides.

I tried bluffing the traders into thinking i was Thai buy spitting out a few Thai words.. but got in trouble when I couldn't answer their questions.. You could see their eyes suddenly widen,... spotting an oppoturnity to overcharge another dumb foreigner I guess..

yes, the activities you mentioned above are quite expensive by the usual Thai standard. I just came back from Phuket and I would say playing golf at the driving range and renting a car for sight-seeing around the island should be the cheapest activities that i've spent on.

Meal prices are generally more expensive in Phuket than in Bangkok. should expect to spend at least 200 baht for a decent meal in patong.

There is alot of water sports, elephant trekking, the beach, historical place, Phuket town and spa!!!

Phuket is a resort community and so the prices will be higher. You're competing with tourists from Japan and Korea for hotel rooms and meals, and they're willing to pay more.

Eat on the street or in the places the locals go if you can stand the spice and have an adventurous pallet.

You'll no doubt meet some of the local girls - you can't avoid it if you tried, and one of them may help you in finding lower prices.

It is quite expensive there unless you eat where the Thais eat. That is the most beautiful place I have been in Thailand during the day, I would get a motorbike and have a good drive round, but be very very careful! Also watch for police as they did me for having no driving license on me. I am sorry cannot help you with the rest of the question...!

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น